Project plan documents are important in environmental data collection activities to ensure that the type and quantity of data are sufficient for the decision to be made.
A good project plan will:
- Help to plan the delivery of the project
- Assess strengths and weaknesses
- Highlight risks and opportunities
- Show how monitoring success and manage setbacks
- Show how plans are credible, practicable and realistic
- Guide activities required to achieve the project aims
- Identify the resources that need to run the project.